WSHC is delighted to have Vinnies on board to help with the clothing and essentials drive. Vinnies stores will collect on all donations on behalf of WSHC and distribute to the disadvantaged of western Sydney.
All good quality clothing donated to Vinnies directly helps people in your neighbourhood experiencing hardship. Money raised through the sale of clothes help to fund vital services that help keep people in their homes, provide food to eat, and help children who might fall behind because they face hardship.
Vinnies accepts all clean and good quality:
- Track pants, Jumpers and jackets,
- Shoes, handbags, scarves, hats, jewellery, make up (new, in packaging), and accessories
- Kids wear, shoes, toys, hats, and accessories
- Linen, towels, blankets, books, music, furniture, and bric-a-brac
These items are in high demand:
- Blankets (microfiber and polar fleece)
- Socks (new)
- Sleeping bags / swags
Having a toothbrush and toothpaste is something most people take for granted but for many people in Western Sydney they are a luxury they cannot afford. Through the Vinnies Van and our Caroline Chisholm Centre, we provide toiletry kits to people who need them.
Useful items include:
- Small individual bars of soap
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner (especially travel size)
- Face washers
- Roll-on deodorant (men’s and women’s)
- Small packet of tissues
- Hygiene products (tampons, sanitary pads)
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitiser
- Toilet paper (individual rolls)
- Zip lock bags to hold items
How to donate
- Donation Distribution will got to St Vincents de Paul for collection and distributed at the WSHC event as well as supplying clothing vouchers on the day
- Donation drop off - All donations can be donated at your local Vinnies during opening hours. Visit ww.vinnies.org.au/shops to find your nearest store or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org citing WSHC and the type and quantity of the donations you would like to drop off or have collected.
- Donation Pick Up - On the day clothing vouchers for Vinnies stores will be available for guests as well as blankets, beanies, backpacks to collect.
If you can't donate clothing or time but want to contribute a monetary donation or sponsorship please read below.